Southern Girl

Monday, May 3, 2010

Memories of Escape 2009

Here it is May 2010 and I am getting ready to gear up for Escape 2010 to Emerald Isle with my friends. Last year in August my friends Jaime, Susan, Ken, Stewart and I headed to Emerald Isle for a week of sun, fun and relaxation. Jaime and Susan have been doing this for a number of years. I joined them on last years excursion and I had the time of my life. So as I gear up for Escape 2010, which will commense the week of August 21-28 2010 I thought I would take a walk down memory lane and share with you some of my fondest memories. This is Jaime and me out on the deck watching the sunset at Emerald Isle and waiting for Ken to finish making dinner. I think we has spaghetti that night. Ken is quite the chef. I sure enjoyed his omelets every morning.
This is Susan and I posing in the livingroom of the beach house we were staying at last year. Notice how nice and tanned Susan is and I am nice and pinky/red. I used SPF 70 and even sat under an umbrella and managed to get a little red. Go figure! This year I am going to introduce my skin to the rays a little bit at a time while using SPF 70 and see if I can manage not to burn this year at the beach. I have to admit I am a bit vain and I don't wish to wrinkle or deal with skin cancer issues so I do slather on the SPF 70 from head to toe summer, fall winter and spring, rain, sleet, snow, sunshine, tsunami, hurricane, earthquake you name it, I wear the stuff like armor.


Ahhhhhhhhhhh...look at these beach bums! Ken, Susan and Jaime relaxing on the beach watching the sunset and enjoying the ocean breeze. Wow, I just realized that they were able to get front row seats on the beach right in front of our place. We had a little problem with a family we like to refer to as the "Beach Nazi's". It never seemed to fail every morning when we would venture out to the beach with our chairs there the "Beach Nazi's" were taking up space in front of our house and we were forced to move down further.
Hey it's Ken and Jaime. I believe Jaime was reading her scuba diving magazine. She is currently working on becoming certified in scuba diving. Lucky for her her man Stew is a Master Diver!


Ken and Susan posing on the Beach at Emerald Isle.
Here'sssssssssss Jaime!



Jaime and Susan the Schnurr Twins!


Jaime and Stew smooching twins!

Susan and Ken join in on the smooching activities!


Dawn (Me) and Ken & part of Stew. I refer to Ken as my brother from another mother!


Stewart, Jaime and Susan chillaxin on the deck after a long day on the beach!


Ken and Susan. shiny, happy, peeps!

The Schnurr Twins again!










1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, how cute are all the beach pics. Take care.

    ReplyDelete